We're often asked what to expect when adding an ADU to your home. To answer this, we'll address three topics: ADU costs, realistic project timelines and the benefits of having a full-service design/build firm handle your remodel from start to finish.
We typically build ADUs above a pre-existing garage or as a stand alone-unit. Whether you want to rent the space out, host friends and family or create a beautiful live-in suite for your parents, an ADU is a great solution for those looking to add square footage and home value while still allowing for privacy and space apart from your main floor plan. Projects costs vary greatly depending on the type of project.
- $250,000 - $400,000 & up
- Design & Pre-Construction: typically 3-6 months
- Engineering & Permitting: typically 3 months
- Construction: typically 6 months
As a full-service design-build firm, Classic Homeworks manages your entire project from initial design and refinement through construction and warranty. Having a qualified firm manage your project from start to finish is beneficial for many reasons:
- You will know the cost of your project in the beginning and we will continuously work to keep your project in line with your overall goals
- You know up-front when your decisions affect style, budget and timeline
- Our design and construction teams work in tandem to make sure no time is wasted as all the moving parts of your project come together
- There is accountability for every step of our process and you always have a point of contact for questions and concerns